Sisters’ Meeting in the Mountains 2017
The best event for women on snow returns April 7-9, 2017! Join us for a weekend of steep skiing, networking, and a ton of fun for all. Ranked as the #1 Best Ski (and Snowboard) Camp for Women by Teton Gravity Research, this is the premier event of the season for women who love steep terrain and good times with great people.
Bring your friends and partake in phenomenal expert-only skiing and riding, networking, inspiration and education. Great après drink specials at Grady’s Bar for all participating ladies. This year, the end of season party will be a “Gold Rush,” paying homage to the minerals in the mountains and the incredible women who lived here well before there was a ski area. To celebrate this theme, bust out your shiny gold/silver clothing all day Sunday, and end the day by tasting some fancy gold and silver liquors from Craft Distilleries from throughout the region when the day is done.
The Annual Silverton Sisters’ Meeting in the Mountains is a weekend packed with skiing and riding steeps, plus participating in educational and inspirational presentations from the most respected women in the industry. You don’t have to be pro to attend this fantastic event.
Previous speakers have included:
• Grete Eliassen: Red Bull Freeski Athlete, Fri Flyt magazine’s “Woman Skier of the Decade.” and President of The Women’s Sport Foundation
• Emily Coombs: Steep skiing & Alaska Heli Skiing Pioneer, Executive Director of the Doug Coombs Foundation
• Megan Michelson: ESPN Freeskiing Editor and freelancer
• Donna Carpenter: President of Burton
• Wendy Fisher: Former Olympian named one of the most influential female skiers by Freeskier Magazine
• Annie Fast: 1st Female editor of Transworld Snowboarding –or any snowboard magazine
• Alison Gannett: World Champion Extreme Freeskier and global cooling advocate
• Re Wikstrom: Photographer scoring covers of Backcountry, Freeskier & Skiing magazines
• Lisa Branner: Co-Owner of Venture Snowboards
• Tess Weaver: Former editor at Powder Magazine and freelancer
• Claire Smallwood: Powerhouse behind SheJumps.com and pro skier
For 2017, we are excited to announce Circe Wallace will be in Silverton to share her experiences. Circe was at the forefront of competitive snowboarding in the 1990s before becoming the “Jerry McGuire” of action sports as an Executive Vice President at Wasserman Media Group. Her client list includes Travis Rice, Paul Rodriguez, and a number of household names in action sports.
Still not sure you want to come? Check out last year’s event on Freeskier, Outside, and GearJunkie.
This year’s package is just $125 for 2 days of skiing/snowboarding, the speaker event (now with pizza!), drink specials at Grady’s Bar, a swag bag, the end-of-season party, plus discounts all over town for lodging and more.
Not your first meeting? The Brewski will be the weekend before Sisters’ Meeting, so we’ll be throwing a special party on closing day. We’ll also have pizza for you during the speaker so you don’t drink on an empty stomach, and you’ll be able to hear Circe better without all the rumbling tummies that were prominent during past Meetings. This package does not include lodging, but there are discounts available on the reservation page.
Make your reservations now and don’t miss it!