Celebrate 20 Years of Steep and Deep
Heli Ski Season Opens November 25, 2020
- Heli will be available 7 Days a Week for Single Drops, 6 Run Heli Day, and Private Heli in Silverton, CO from November 25th, 2020 through March 14th, 2021. Then available Thurs-Sun through 4/5/21.
Guided Season December 26 – March 14, 2021
- Thursdays- Sundays + the Monday of Presidents’ Day, February 15, 2021
- Lift starts running at 9 am.
- Guided skiers should arrive at the base area by 8:15 am.
- Avalanche beacons, shovels and probes are needed to ski.
- Rentals are available at the mountain.
- Liability releases are mandatory for anyone who wishes to participate.
Unguided Season now 5 Days a week (Weds-Sun) March 17 – April 18, 2021
(guides still available during unguided season)
- Heli operational Thurs-Sun through April 4.
- Unguided skiers can arrive whenever during the unguided season, the ticket tent opens at 8:00 am.
Guided skiers are allowed beyond the boundaries to certain areas of the mountain during the unguided season on a daily basis, as per BLM safety regulations. These areas are constantly shifting around the mountain based on snow safety with loads of great terrain for both.
Private Mountain Available Starting 11/24
Did you know that you can rent out Silverton Mountain for as little as $9,990 per day? It’s a great opportunity for charity fundraisers, photo shoots, product testing/R&D, bachelor and bachelorette parties, or corporate events. If you bring 40 people that’s only $250 a person to have exclusive access to the Silverton guided chairlift terrain.
The pricing varies depending on the time of season, day of the week, and how many people you have. Rates are normally based on a max of 40 people, but requests for larger groups can be accommodated. Private mountain rental is available starting 11/24 of each season which makes it a great option for your company holiday party.
From 12/27 -3/18 private mountain rentals are normally limited to Mon-Weds (Thurs-Sun if you book well in advance). Prior to 12/27 and after 4/19 the mountain can be available 7 days a week. The private mountain is most commonly rented for charity/non-profit fundraisers and a great way to give and have a great day at the same time!
For Details on Heli Availability in 2020/21 CLICK HERE
With 1,819 acres, Silverton Mountain has more expert terrain than any ski area in North America.